Health and Safety at Work and Risk Assessment
Everyone has a role to play in ensuring their own health and safety at work, as well as that of their colleagues...
Awareness Health and Safety at Work is designed to teach both employees and employers why health and safety in the workplace is so important in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
By taking this course, you’ll meet your legal obligations, minimise the risk of bad publicity or lawsuits for your company and be able to demonstrate your understanding of health and safety laws.
After completing the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the key principles of health and safety at work
- Outline accident prevention, investigation and reporting best practice
- Communicate health and safety information
- Recognise common health and safety hazards and how they can be controlled
- The responsibilities of employers and employees
- The benefits of good health and safety
- Steps to risk assessment – identification, implementation and control measures
- Monitoring and review of risk assessments
- Accident prevention, investigation and reporting best practice
- Near misses and ill health
- Typical hazards and controls in the workplace – 7 steps
- Emergency procedures
- Basic manual handling
- Display screen equipment (DSE)
On completion of this course, candidates will be issued with a dual branded certificate.
There will be a written assessment on the day.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.